The University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Search Google Appliance


Need to get tax return documents to complete your verification?


Financial aid applicants selected for verification are required to submit certain 2017 or 2018 tax documents to complete the process.

The following tax documents are acceptable:

  • Tax return transcript obtained from the IRS 
  • Record of Account Transcript obtained from the IRS
  • Signed copies of Tax returns (1040, 1040A, 1040EZ) that were submitted to the IRS, including all schedules.
  • Verification of Nonfiling obtained from the IRS 

Tax transcripts, Record of Account Transcripts, and Verification of Non-fling Letter can be requested from the IRS via their website at, by completing form 4506-T available online at, and at 500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

 Click here to open IRS form 4506-T.  

 *Please note the IRS will reject your request if all the required information is not completed or missing.

Once Financial Aid Services receives the documents your SPIRE To Do List will be updated to “Received”.

We recommend you check your SPIRE To Do List and your UMass email often to make sure your documents are received.