The University of Massachusetts Amherst
University of Massachusetts Amherst

Search Google Appliance


International Students

International students are not eligible for financial aid. You can apply for an alternative loan if you are able to obtain a U.S. citizen or permanent resident cosigner.

Learn more about alternative loan options for International students.

Financial aid is available to eligible non-citizens. Generally, you are an eligible non-citizen if you meet any of the following criteria:

  • U.S. permanent resident with an Alien Registration card (I-551)
  • Conditional permanent resident (I-551C)
  • 500 Internal Server Error

    Internal Server Error

    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

If you are in the U.S. on an F1 or F2 student visa, a J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, or a G series visa you are not eligible for federal student aid.

You may visit the International Programs Office for information on scholarship opportunities.

You may visit for information on other sources of aid available to International Students.