Use buses for ESSENTIAL TRIPS ONLY. All passengers are REQUIRED to wear a nose & mouth covering. Don't ride if symptomatic or quarantined or if exposed to anyone who tested positive.
Can't find your bus?
- Bus locations
UMass Transit operates PVTA buses, Special Transportation vans, Field Trip vehicles, and Meet and Greet sedans. We're committed to providing safe, efficient, and sustainable mobility for over 18,000 riders daily.
Though UMass is finalizing its plans for the 2020 fall semester due to COVID-19, our summer training program remains on track.
Are you a UMass student? Do you love driving? Join the team that moves UMass!
Drivers start at $16.25 per hour!
- Pay raises every semester
- Promotional positions with even higher pay and real-world supervisory and management experience
- Excellent resume material
- Flexible work schedules (optimized for students)
- We pay for your Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL), train you, and pay you while you're being trained
- It's fun!
- Trainees earn $12.75 per hour and move to $16.25 after completing training
- Must be a UMass student with at least 6 credits per semester and willing to work at least 15 hours a week
Safety is our top priority, and our training program is extensive. We're now hiring drivers to train during the summer.
Apply now to train during one of our summer sessions!
- Session I: May 31 - June 26
- Session II: July 7 - August 7
- Session III: August 9 - September 4
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
- Put you up in the dorms!
- Feed you! (YCMP)
- Cover your early move-in fees for your dorm room! (if attending the August session)
Supervisory, Management, & Technical Experience
We pride ourselves in being a student-run organization! Drivers are eligible for promotion to a variety of student positions:
- Driver Supervision
- Safety and Training
- Recruitment and Hiring
- Field Trip
- Special Transportation
- Special Projects
- Planning and Analysis
- Software Development
- Information Technology
Whatever your career interests, you'll gain valuable real-world experience for your resume! Apply today!